This is a simple but powerful program that can merge two or more MetaTrader backtest reports into one. It is very useful especially when you are backtesting multicurrency strategy because MetaTrader is unable to create reports for more than one currency. Scroll down this page to download the program.
What's new in version 1.3.0
- Ability to run on 64-bit Windows systems.
- Added information that statements of account aren't supported - only backtest reports.
- Some bug fixes.
File -> Open Report to open previously generated MetaTrader backtest report (
.htm files). The report's filename will appear in the
Reports panel. You can click on it to see the balance chart (
Chart panel), the statistics of the report (
Details panel) and the list of all orders (
Statement panel). This can take a while because the list of orders are loaded into memory. Note that drawdown values may differ from original report because these are calculated from balance, not equity (it is little less accurate but without historical quotes it is impossible to base on equity). If there are two or more opened reports you can aggregate them. Make sure that the check boxes of the reports you want to combine are turned on. Then use
File -> Merge Reports in the main menu. A new report will appear with different icon. Click on it to see aggregated balance chart, report's statistics and the list of orders. If you want to remove any report from the list, first select it and then click on
Delete Selected Report icon in the top of
Reports panel. Moreover you can save selected report to
.htm file. To do this just select a report and click on
Save Selected Report icon in the top of
Reports panel. The program will create one
.htm, one image (
.png) and additionally CSV file with the list of all orders.
- You can open more than one report at once by holding Shift/Ctrl key in the Open dialog.
- You can zoom in a balance chart by dragging the cursor over it from the upper left corner of selected area to the bottom right corner. To zoom out drag the cursor in the opposite direction.
- You can even aggregate already merged reports. Simply turn on their check boxes.
- You can resize each panel or even change its position.
- You can set the custom value of the initial deposit of an aggregated report. Moreover you can change some parameters of saved reports. There is also possibility to set you working path. All above you can configure in
Options -> Preferences... from the main menu.
- You can open a report that was previously saved to
.htm file and use it to merging with other reports.
||View on a balance chart and statistics of the first strategy. Note that the maximal drawdown is 11.08%.|
||View on a balance chart and statistics of the second strategy. The maximal drawdown is 8.82%.|
||View on a balance chart and statistics of the merged strategy. The maximal drawdown is only 6.35% so it is lower than in each strategy separately.|
ReportManager requires Java 7. For 64-bit operating systems you should also install 64-bit version of Java. Download report.manager.1.3.0-installer.exe (20.5MB).
If you have any comments or suggestions related to ReportManager use the form in the Contact section.